NFL Week 13 Notes: 2008
December 5, 2008 11:48 PM
Week 13 notes on the National Football League
1) Those Thanksgiving day blowouts were sure fun. Right?
2) Cheerleader of the week: Alisha of the Oakland Raiderettes.
3) The New Orleans Saints lost to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. It was a hard-fought game, like it always is against the Bucs. Pretty disappointing loss after manhandling Green Bay last week. This loss eliminates any possible wiggle room for making the playoffs. They would need to win their last 4 games and hope for a lot of losses by the likes of Atlanta, Dallas, Washington, Carolina, and Tampa.
4) Congratulations 49ers! That was a legitimate win over the Bills. Good job.
5) My current Top 5: New York Giants, Pittsburgh Steelers, Dallas Cowboys, Tennessee Titans, Tampa Bay Bucs. I'm still keeping an eye on the Colts, they've now won 5 straight and their next 2 games are against Cincinnati and Detroit. Their winning streak will continue and they won't be tested until they battle the Titans in week 17.
6) What are the Jets doing? If they want to be taken seriously they MUST beat the likes of Denver. This week they've got the 49ers. We'll see what happens.
7) It's hard to criticize the best player on the team, the guy who wins more games for you than anybody else, but in this case, Drew Brees's two late-game interceptions were killers.