NFL Week 12 Notes: 2010
November 29, 2010 10:55 PM
Week 12 notes on the National Football League
1) Really glad the Saints are in the NFC. The NFC is way more interesting than the AFC. Just look at Sunday morning's games. The NFC had Packers/Falcons and Vikings/Redskins. Both of those games had huge interest. In the AFC we had Texans/Titans and Steelers/Bills. How the hell could anyone get excited about either of those games? The NFC is a much more interesting conference.
I know a Patriots fan who doesn't really follow anything else happening in the NFL. I can see why. The AFC is boring. Even a Colts/Patriots game is not very relevant anymore.
2) Cheerleader of the week: Jaime Hanna of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Cheerleaders. Jaime is a Harry Potter fan and has been featured in Maxim magazine.
3) The New Orleans Saints demolished the Dallas Cowboys. I mean totally crushed them. In the first quarter. And then managed to squeak out a win during the final three quarters. Puts the Saints on a 4-game winning streak, with a trip to Cincinnati next week to get number 5. Two Dat!
4) What happened to the Raiders? After going 5-4 they lost two in a row by a combined score of 68-20. And in those games they converted only 5 of 23 third downs. Not good enough.
5) My Top 5: New Orleans Saints, Atlanta Falcons, San Diego Chargers, Chicago Bears, New York Jets.
6) Why am I getting the feeling that Favre will be playing again next year? I know it's crazy, but ... A) Childress is fired. B) Vikings won't be going to the playoffs, which gives Favre an extra month of off-season. C) Favre loves playing football. I'm guessing we are in for one more year of the famous Favre waffle.
7) Will Smith had a nice game against the Cowboys. One sack, one interception, and one forced fumble. Then he followed that up with a charge of domestic violence. Huh?
8) The NFL can't be happy with Andre Johnson and Cortland Finnegan. A street brawl on the football field is not the image of sportsmanship the NFL wants to promote. And the media is treating it like a joke. Making light, cracking wise, and doing tale-of-the-tapes. It's bullshit. Jim Rome said Johnson had no choice but to fight. More bullshit. There's no place in football for ripping off helmets and throwing punches. Idiots.
9) Fantasy tip: You should have picked up Peyton Hillis off waivers about 5 weeks ago, Mike Vick about 10 weeks ago, Jacob Tamme about 4 weeks ago, and Brandon Lloyd about 9 weeks ago. If you had grabbed those 4 guys, your team would be as good as any in your league. So what's the point of the draft if you can build a really solid free agent team?
10) The 49ers are all of a sudden a power running team? 47 rushing attempts for 261 yards? That's a 5.6 average yards per run, with 3 different guys getting over 50 yards. Amazing.
Fearless Prediction: Stone-cold lock!
Saints 42, Bengals 17
Bonus! New Orleans Saints notes!
1) Holy crap! The Saints had never before played a Thanksgiving game. A win over the Cowboys makes a sweet Thanksgiving.
2) Saints stat of the week: 1. Number of times Malcolm Jenkins stripped the ball from Roy Williams to turn the tide of the game..
3) Marques Colston is 3rd in the league in receptions and 8th in receiving yards. Love that guy.