NFL Week 15 Notes: 2011
December 21, 2011 12:05 AM
Week 15 notes on the National Football League
1) The Packers lost. Their undefeated season has ended. Good. Because that is one annoying team.
I think the 2009 Vikings were a tougher team than the 2011 Packers. Saints handled those Vikings and will be able to handle these Packers in the playoffs.
2) Cheerleader of the week: Nicole Bulcher of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. Nicole's hobbies include "walking the Snake River Canyon". Yeah, I like to do that too.
3) The New Orleans Saints crushed the Minnesota Vikings, 42-20. It's their 6th straight win. Drew Brees threw 412 yards and 5 touchdowns. He continues his assault on record books.
4) The Colts won a game, but since they don't want to jeopardize their chance to draft Andrew Luck, I expect them to lose their last two games.
5) My Top 5: New Orleans Saints, Green Bay Packers, San Francisco 49ers, New England Patriots, Baltimore Ravens. The interesting playoff races right now are for the #2 seeds in both conferences. In the NFC, The 49ers, Saints, and Falcons (I think) all have a shot at it. In the AFC, the Ravens, Steelers, and Texans are trying to secure it.
6) Looks like the Giants are doing their usual December collapse, while the Chargers are doing their usual December resurgance. I'll be surprised if Turner is still coaching the Chargers next year.
7) The Saints play the Falcons and Panthers before the playoffs start. Both of those will be tough games. Atlanta is still trying to win the division, and the Panthers have shown a lot of improvement.
8) Alex Smith is an excellent quarterback. Have you seen the way he takes the snap from the center? And he hands the ball off to Frank Gore like nobody's business!
9) Fantasy tip: This is probably the weekend of your league's championship, which means you're probably not playing anymore. So you don't need any tips, good luck next year.
10) The Eagles have been hilarious all season. I knew they weren't the all-star team they claimed to be at the start of the season, but I didn't expect them to miss the playoffs entirely.
Fearless Prediction: Stone-cold lock!
Saints 30, Falcons 23
Bonus! New Orleans Saints notes!
1) Holy crap! Saints vs Vikings ain't what it used to be. The Vikings are not very good.
2) Saints stat of the week: 305. Number of yards Drew Brees needs to break Dan Marino's single-season yardage record..
3) Brees should have been the MVP of 2009, and I think after all is said and done in 2011, Brees should be the MVP this year too.
For more of my Week 15 Saints coverage, go to Black and Gold, All Day.